Sunday, October 31, 2010

Original Haiku- Nachos

Warm melted orange cheese,
Overflowing nacho chips,
Greasy finger prints.



Nachos Haiku Explication

This poem fits my theme of food because it is about a food. I got inspiration to write this when I was eating a plate of nachos chips. I noticed that they looked really good so I tried to be as descriptive so the reader could picture the chips and I also noticed my fingers were greasy and I thought that other people would know and relate to what I was talking about. There isn't many poetic devices but I tried to use imagrey so you could picture a big plate of great nachos. The syllable arrangement is 5, 7, 5, which is common with other haikus.

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice, short poem, and in the short time spend reading it, I already want nachos! I like how you use a strong image in the first sentence (about the cheese), explain to the readers what you are discussing in the second sentence, and give a reminder of what it's like to eat nachos in the third sentence. Including an image was also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, scrolling through your blog, i couldn't help but to stop and admire the delicious photo of nachos. while admiring the photo, i noticed you wrote a haiku. this perfectly describes nachos in a haiku. good job pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, your poem was so vibrant with imagery and appeal to senses that I think it could rival the photo right next to it! Food is a very personal experience to share, and the last line of the haiku did just that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem- I love the line "greasy fingerprints"! I like how simple this poem is, that you didn't try to make an overly intricate, detailed poem.

    ReplyDelete