Monday, November 1, 2010

A Food For Everything!

Meals are the food for the body;
Knowledge is the food for the mind;
Meditation is the food for the spirit;
Music is the food for the love of heart;
Dreams are the food for the consciousness;
Prayer is the food for the Almighty;
Love is the food for the living heart;
Thoughts are the food for the brain;
Colourful ink is the food for the pen;
Ideas are the food for the stories;
Truth is the food for the will;
Sun’s energy is the food for the plants;
Plants are the food for the living beings;
But one man’s food is another man’s poison!

Ramesh T A




Explication


This poem isn't particularly about food but it plays with the idea that if something needs something it would be food. The poem is about how every living and non-living thing needs something to survive. At the end of the poem I believe the poet is trying to describe how some peoples needs are different than that of others but it also says that humans are very dependant on other factors and might not be able to function alone. There is no definite rhyme scheme but the poet uses repetition of the word so you really feel that the one thing needs the other. The main poetic device uses is a metaphor because the whole poem is a metaphor saying that on thing is food. This poem didn't have to much emotional impact on me but that might just be me, all I felt like was agreeing with what the poet was writing.

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool poem. I like it. That's a list poem, right? If so, I like how it has longer sentences that it's listing. For some reason I always conjure up images of one word lines when I think of list poems. Also, I like the line about "one man's food is another man's poison!", because I know I've created some fantastic food that all rational, sane people would enjoy, whilst others vomit with disgust. Finally, you have the second best wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete