Saturday, November 6, 2010

Original Parody of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Sprinkle, Sprinkle Salt on That

Sprinkle, Sprinkle salt on that,
covering my food like a mat.
Making bad food not so bland,
like a beach made of white sand.
Sprinkle, sprinkle salt on that,
covering my food like a mat.
Patrick Mavety

Explication

So I guess this poem would be called a parody, although I don't make fun of the other poem, I mock by using the same rhyme scheme and rythm. I chose Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star because it is a very well known rhyme but I only remade the first verse because it is more commonly recognized. I got inspiration to write this when I saw someone put an incredible amount of salt on there food and it looked like a mat on there food. The rhyme scheme is aabb. The poetic devices I included were similes with the salt covering the food like a mat and the beach made of white sand. Personally, I rarely put salt on my food so I think it is unnecessary.

2 comments:

  1. niiiice parody pat. i would never think of food related to twinkle twinkle little star but it actually works really well! i love the rhymes and i really like how you used salt which is so minor yet essential in cooking, great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great parody Pat, I think that it relates to your theme quite well. While being a parody it is still describes salt quite well. When you compared it to "a beach made of white sand" it was great. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete